Weekend itinerary ‘Sursky Yar (the Sura steep bank)’
The itinerary ‘Sursky Yar’ presents a sequence of attractions, nature monuments, historic and cultural heritage accompanied by exhaustive stories and interesting events.
The First Day
Participants’ meeting: 6 Hovoselovka Street, Ternovka district, Penza.
- Visit to the City Museum of Russian antiques.
- Transfer to the area village Shemysheyka (50 km).
Within the journey, there will be a stop on upland near the Alferyevka village to see a panoramic view of the Sura reservoir.
- Area village Shemysheyka. Visit to the area museum of local lore.
- Sacred spring Semiklyuchye (15 km). Visit to the sacred spring.
- Transfer to the holiday camp ‘Armiyovsky Pond’ (17 km). Check-in at the holiday camp, leisure time.
The Second Day.
- Holiday Camp ‘Armiyovsky Pond’. Guided tour to the camp, a visit to the eco farm Sursky Yar.
- Zolotaryovskoye Gorodishche (a site of ancient settlement) (64 km).
Zolotaryovskoye Gorodishche. Visit to a well-known Russian archeological monument.
Zolotaryovskoye Gorodishche is an archeological monument dated back to the 3d–4th centuries, the 8th–13th. The Gorodishche (ancient settlement) is located in the Upper Sura, along the gully of the Medoevka river, 0.5 km to the north-west from the centre of the urbanized settlement of the Penza region Zolotaryovka.
- Forest museum. Visit to the Forest museum in the Ministry of Forestry of the Penza region.
- Tourist complex ‘Russkaya Okhota (Russian hunt)’ in the former Sura river-bed (24 km).
- Mooring ‘Rostok’ in Penza. (12 km).
Total length of the two-day itinerary ‘Sursky Yar’ is 200 km.