Guided Tour to Solovtsovka
The water of a spring flowing in the Bolshaya Valyayevka village is considered to be healing. People began to honour the spring after the events dated back to the turn of the 18th century when, during a raid of Kuban nomads, a monk discovered an icon of the Mother of God in the forest. In 1871, a monumental five-domed stone church was built nearby and named after the icon ‘Life-bearing Spring’ of the Mother of God, and a belfry was raised afterwards. Subsequently, a church complex appeared being now restoring.
A visit of the church sheltering relics of Ioann Olenevsky, his cell situated in the Olenevka village, the spring named after the martyr Paraskeva, and the temple complex in the Bolshaya Valyayevka village.
The Guided tour organiser: travel company ‘Berkut’.