V.G. Belinsky Monument
The monument to a famous Russian literary critic was opened in 1954 near the Darma Theatre in the centre of the city. It is a bronze figure on a four-sided plinth cladded with marble. It represents a figure standiing with one arm raised and produces the overall impression of vigourous force. That impression echoes the nickname given to Belinsky - ‘the furious’. The monument was created by the famous sculptor E.Vuchetich.