Home / Visitor’s Guide / Attractions / Mansion houses and Historic Streets / Penza /Belinskogo Street
Address:Penza, Belinskogo Street
At the end of the 18th century, construction of two brick office buildings (nowadays, the arbitration tribunal and other organisations are located here) was finished, and till 1911 the street had been called ‘Presence line’. In former times, a public office was called ‘a presence’.
In honour of the centenary of Vissarion Grigoryevich Belinsky (1811-1848), a great Russian revolutionary democrat, literary critic, publicist, and materialistic philosopher, the street received its actual name.
It is the only street with no dwelling houses.
There are only five houses in Belinskogo Street but every building has its story.